Holiday Pet Photos with Family Vet
Join us Sunday, December 6th, as we welcome Santa to Family Veterinary Clinic. From 10 am to 3 pm, you can bring your pet to sit on Santa’s lap for fun holiday pet photos. For only a $10 donation, you will receive a 4×5 color photo and a CD containing all images. All donations benefit the Greyhound Pets of America. Many pet owners love these festive photos and bring their pet in every year!
Where Your Donation Goes
Greyhound Pets of America is dedicated to finding loving and forever homes for retired racing greyhounds. The organization is devoted to educating people about greyhounds, the cruelty of racing, and what excellent pets these gentle, retired racers make.
Here are some interesting facts, provided by the Maryland Chapter of the Greyhound Pets of America (GPA), about why retired Greyhounds could be an excellent addition to your family.
- Greyhounds adopted through the GPA program usually range from two to five years of age (some younger and some older), and the life expectancy of ex-racers is twelve or more years.
- Retired racers are very intelligent, adaptable dogs who fit easily into their new home environment following a brief adjustment period.
- They are eager to please and respond positively to any attention given them; they become quickly attached to their new families.
- The majority of retired track greyhounds are quiet, clean, good-natured and gentle dogs that adapt and get along with children and with other animals.
- They do not require a great deal of space and are usually quite content to curl up on a soft dog bed.
- A greyhound requires about the same amount of exercise as any dog their size. They should be walked, on a leash, a moderate distance three or four times a day unless there is a fenced yard.
- They make superb jogging companions, as long as they are kept on a leash.
To learn more information about the Family Veterinary Clinic’s Photos with Santa call the office at (410) 753-4514. If you are interested in further information regarding the Maryland Chapter of the Greyhound Pets of America, you can visit their website, or call 1-800-600-8607.
Family Veterinary Clinic cares about our community, one visit to our office and you will see why we are the best veterinary clinic in Crofton! Hope to see you Sunday, December 6th, from 10 am to 3 pm to get holiday pet photos for a great cause.